Pages

Friday, December 10, 2010

I don't bend in half

So, I realize this has been a theme throughout my blog, but I am NOT the "normal" pole dancer.  Pole dancing has BLOWN UP in the last couple of years.  The dancers who compete are training with aerial circus acts, contortionists and gymnasts. 

I can't even do a back bend. 

I have a goal to be able to invert by April.  It doesn't even have to be a good invert.  I just want to be able to go upside down and not fall on my head.  I'm working hard to lose weight and get strong.  Will that be good enough?  If I can't fly through the air with the greatest of ease like the other girls (and boys) do, will I still be happy?

I sure hope so. 

I just wanted to write this so I could include a couple of really cool videos from YouTube.  Someday...I will be this amazing.  Someday!!!!!

Steven Retchless practicing...UH-MAZE-ING!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3kBmVXRoYMo

Miss Pole Dance Australia 2010 intro...More AMAZING!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ce7HgItK4Vs

P.S.  The Twirly Girls calendars will be printed soon!  The price is $15 (add $2 for shipping).  Please contact me if you are interested in pre-ordering and I will give you an address.  All of the proceeds will go to support the National Kidney Foundation on behalf of our very own, Lovely Rita!!  We have sample photos on Liquidpulp Photography's fan page on Facebook.  Don't miss out...we've had a lot of interest and we're only printing 250 calendars! 

4 comments:

  1. and i dont bend as good as you, but someday... :) hi! ive been a secret follower for some time now and had to smile/comment today! luv your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, I read your interview with Pole Skivvies...decided to put your blog as one of my "favorites" so I can follow it. My name is Jay, I take classes and teach at Empowerment Through Exotic Dance in Chicago...and I'm also, a voluptious girl! I must say, your blog is inspiring. In my dreams I see myself doing all of those lovely inverted tricks..in real life...I'm just finally inverting... Have been working on the same thing for over a year...but I'm am good with it! Thanks for the blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jay!

    Great to hear from you! Thank you so much for reading my blog. It means so much. Congratulations on inverting...I am going to be there soon!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete