Pages

Thursday, May 5, 2011

Finishing Couch to 5k...starting Bridge to 10k

So, I didn't think it was possible but I am ALMOST done with Couch to 5k (one run left...and its scheduled to happen tomorrow).  I took much longer than the nine weeks they scheduled, and I HATE running for 30 minutes (15 minutes seems to be my happy place).  But I can, in fact, run for 30 minutes straight without stopping.  Side note:  That's on a treadmill at a steady 4.5 miles per hour.  On the trail, my lazy ass stops way too often. 

Follow the path here:

http://lolorashel.blogspot.com/2010/12/couch-to-5k-program.html

http://lolorashel.blogspot.com/2011/01/i-beat-odds.html

http://lolorashel.blogspot.com/2011/02/couch-to-5k-updatesix-weeks-in.html

http://lolorashel.blogspot.com/2011/03/couch-to-5k-and-stiletto-incident.html

I did the Brazen Wildcat 5k last weekend.  Although I shaved two minutes from last year's time, I still had to walk most of it.  It was straight uphill, down, back up and back down.  I jogged on the downhill as much as possible but that puts a lot of stress on my knees.

I am still planning to start Bridge to 10k soon.  I am only running once a week, though. Here is their schedule:


Each workout includes a 5 minute warmup walk and 5 minute cooldown walk
Week 1 Duration: 53 min.
Run 10 min/walk 1 min Repeat x 4.
Week 2 Duration: 57 min.
Run 15 min/walk 1 min. Repeat x 3.
Week 3 Duration: 63 min.
Run 17 min/walk 1 min. Repeat x 3.
Week 4 Duration: 66 min.
Run 18 min/walk 1 min. Repeat x 3.
Week 5 Day 1: Duration: 55 min. Run 22 min/walk 1 min. Repeat x 2.Day 2: Duration: 61 min. Run 25 min/walk 1 min. Repeat x 2.Day 3: Duration: 71 min. Run 30 min/walk 1 min. Repeat x 2.
Week 6 Duration: 70 min.
Run 60 min.

I am actually planning to stick with weeks 1 and 2 for awhile to get my stamina up.  I'd like to speed up and I've heard that walking for a little bit in between running sets is actually good for interval training.  Bel told me to look up the Pose running technique.  So I am going to try to use that to make sure I am moving properly. 

I am feeling pretty frustrated and down about this whole diet and exercise thing.  I've been reading back on old blogs and have to kind of giggle at my own cheerleading attempt to keep myself motivated.  Most of it is bullshit to pretend that I'm on track.  Lately, whether I'm eating well or not, or exercising or not, there doesn't seem to be a track.  My body is off doing whatever it wants. 

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment