Pages

Thursday, November 3, 2011

Aerial Silks Class

Rita and I started a four week series of aerial silks classes with Sarah at Twirly Girls last night.  I really do feel like the special needs class compared to everyone else.  But I still had so much fun.  I don't know about Rita, but I am SO sore.  My arms and abs are killing me -- probably just from the warm-up.  My gut is a little sore too from laying across the tied silks. 

We started with a pretty intense warm-up that had me ready to take a nap.  I was already tired because we had an hour and 15 minutes of pole dancing before silks.  During class, I attempted to lift my own fat ass up, flip over and pike my legs toward my face.  Yeah, didn't happen.  But I was able to do one Russian climb up and, later, flip over into a star. 

I am really committed to pilates so that I can improve both in pole and silks.  As my core gets stronger, I'll be able to do more of these moves!  My second series of pilates reformer at the Absolute Center in Lafayette is almost done and I'm noticing a HUGE difference in my body now.  I have muscles again! 

I am so excited about working out again!!!

1 comment:

  1. Yay, that sounds awesome and definitely seems like a good workout! :D I can't wait til I'm back! I've been wanting to learn silks for so many moons (more like years, haha). :O

    ReplyDelete