Pages

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Power of Pole: Meet Sarah Bee!

Meet pole sister, Sarah "Bee," with whom I connected on Facebook and Pole Junkies.  She is also part of our Pole Dancers United Facebook group. If you aren't already a part of our group, make sure you join us!  We have such a great group of (mostly) ladies giving great advice and support. 

How long have you been pole dancing? 

2 years and 3 months
 

What first drew you to try it? 

I had just started to lose weight, was recuperating from wrist surgery and wanted to tone up my body. I saw a youtube video, found out my local small town gym was running polefit classes, ran over to sign up and the rest is history.



Where do you take classes? 

I started at Jasper Fitness, moved on to Capital MissFits where I’m teaching now, and the only lessons I currently have are from Studioveena.com
 

Do you have a pole at home? 

I own 3 poles, 2 x-poles (but only 1 is up) and an 18ft homemade outdoor pole. I hope very soon to have my second pole installed in my basement.
 

How often do you pole? 

I teach 3 times a week, and pole twice for me.
 

What else do you do to keep your body in shape to pole? 

The only things I do to stay in shape are pole and a little hooping. In the summer, I do a little cycling with my husband.

Do you like to dance in shoes or barefoot? 

Currently barefoot but my basement is carpeted which makes heels awkward. My laminate flowing is going in soon so I hope to do my poling in heels.
 

How do you deal with dry skin on pole days and on off-pole days? 

I use Curel fragrance-free lotion. It goes on and leaves very little greasy residue. I can use it after a shower and be good to pole in 2 hours.
 

What is your favorite product to help you stick to the pole? 

The only thing I use on a regular basis is Mighty Grip, although I do have a bag of goodies I keep with me because you never know what pole conditions will be like.
 

Where do you buy your pole clothes? 

I have bought from PoleSkivvies, but now all my pole clothes come from Lorraine at Sweet Vixen Couture.
 

What is your favorite song to dance to right now? 

I like so many different things, and most music makes me move. I really like the tempo of Motivation by Kelly Rowland though…great for bringing out the inner sexiness! 
 
How do you feel like pole has improved or changed your life?
 


I’m 42 and have never been flexible or particularly strong. I’ve never had any dance or gymnastics training, but I am currently about 2 inches from my first split, which I’m determined to have before my 43rd birthday, and I am proud that I have conquered so many strength moves on the pole, moves I thought I would never get!

2 comments:

  1. So proud of you Sarah, you became such a good pole dancer and a strong woman too.
    Tiggertail

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay, Sarah!! Your dedication is so inspiring and it shows in the results physically and skill-wise.
    Yolanda (hookedonpole)

    ReplyDelete