Pages

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Keep it in the Family: Meet Bobbi's Sister, Kim!

I recently posted about Bobbi's Pole Studio on my blog.  Bobbi and Ness are in the Sydney studio.  I recently learned that Bobbi's younger sister, Kim,  runs the Perth studio and is also amazing dancer.  We welcome Kim to our circle of pole sisters from around the world. 

How long have you been pole dancing?   

About 8 years 

Do you have a dance background? 

Yes, I started when I was 3 & Bobbi was 4... Jazz, tap, acrobats...then ballet.  I also went to a performing arts high school.  My biggest love when I was a teenager was Jazz ballet classes on Sat afternoon’s followed by coming home to watch ‘ Countdown ‘ ! that was when Madonna was just making it big.. I really wanted to be her!!


Which trick is your nemesis? 

My wrists are not a big fan of the Iron X  

It feels like the pro/competition pole dancers are all going the route of contortion and extreme tricks.  Do you feel like something is lost from pole dancing when it is all tricks and no dance? 

I LOVE contortion, it’s so beautiful and mesmerizing & when it’s mixed with pole it’s dead sexy. Although I LOVE extreme tricks & have much admiration for the crazzzzy ones coming out, I always enjoy a pole show more when it’s combined with a dose of sexy floor movement, dance and gorgeous heels!!

How do you feel about pole dancing going mainstream? 

I love that anyone is capable of learning – blows me away actually. It used to be so small & kinda secret & now it’s right out there viral – yes I love it. Everyone’s trying it and getting slender toned bodies out of it & passing their inspiration & tricks on and it just gets more & more exciting every year. I’ve seen ‘average’ people become MINDBLOWING in a year. Commitment & training can actually even bypass talent with pole dancing in some cases. Very exciting! 


Tell us something we'd be surprised to hear about you. 

I’m half Yugoslav and I’ve been happily married for 12 years with 5 furry children.   I used to have paralysing stage fright in my teens, I never felt good enough. I danced in Japan for 10 years which cured it. When I finally came back to Australia from years overseas I bought a fish-n-chip shop with my husband & worked as a ‘carer’ for a young disabled lady in the early mornings & also pole danced in a strip club ‘till late at night after work..  I was still in Japan workaholic mode – I had also mastered the ‘power nap’.
I’m loving pole dancing more and more each year ! I was really excited to open Bobbi’s Perth & quit my other jobs!!

What are you looking forward to in 2012? 

Who will be crowned Miss Pole Dance Australia next ...?? Renovating my house too!! Another trip to the States I hope!!

*****

Check out posts on the Bobbi's Family below:





No comments:

Post a Comment