Pages

Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Using the woody band for pole moves

I had posted some photos on my fan page using a woody band to help me with cradle.  Someone asked for a video so I made one. 

Here are my warnings:  Never rely on the woody band to fully hold your weight.  It could snap, causing you to fall on your noggin.  Also, use a spotter, or at least never do dangerous moves when you are alone.  I learned that one the hard way once. 

I did make this video while alone in the studio.  I only did a half-invert so I wouldn't end up upside down and in a precarious position, which was very, very ugly.  I don't need to hear about how I am not strong enough to invert and shouldn't.  If I don't do exercises that get me upside down, I will never BE strong enough to invert. 

You also don't have to just use the woody band for inverting.  I also get down into push-up position and it helps me lower myself all the way to the floor and back up.  Get creative and post your photos on my fan page!

In the meantime, check out my video showing you a couple of ways I use woody bands:




2 comments:

  1. Loved the video and I know you don't want to hear anything about inverts but I did want to say everyone starts somewhere and there are a lot of floor exercises you can do to get stronger but the single thing that helped me the most was learning to control the down phase. I think your band would work with this. Don't go all the way up only go up as high as you can control. Put your band on but have your hips in front of the pole and the rest of your body to the side. Try to lift your legs in a v shape as high as you can then control the lowering phase. Inverting is a lot of core strength and I think you are doing a marvelous job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I definitely do floor exercises as well. But I feel like I need to have some on-pole exercises. Part of what I want to do is build muscle memory so when I get upside down, my body knows exactly what to do to hold on. I also use the woody band for pole-ups. I will be doing a video of that soon. :)

      Delete